Sunday 15 June 2008

21 and a 2:1 !



Soon I will find out my final, third year, set of exam results. They are out middle of next week. Of course, until I see what I have got, I have absolutely no idea how I have done. One does get feelings that they performed well in this exam and bad in that one. However, its all relative, isn't it? In past years' exams, I've performed better in exams that I thought were rather difficult. And, in exams that I thought I had aced, I hadn't performed as well in. The reason for this phenomenon - as I understand it - is that, for tougher exam questions, one is forced to think harder and answer with more analysis. Analysis gets rewarded; rambling at length - which occurs when you do know what you're talking about - doesn't get rewarded.

Today I am celebrating my 21st birthday with some family and friends. What better thing to take my mind off these upcoming exam results than a reason to party...hard :)

Interestingly, for a lot of my balloons which I imagine will be still around in the next few days, I will be able to insert a ":" symbol between the digits to celebrate achieving a 2:1. Bet no one thought of that, did they?!

5 comments:

Android said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I have no doubt that you will get at least 2:1!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lackie!!

Did you get a cake? And streamers to go with all the balloons? And Cheesy wotsits and bits of things on cocktail sticks?!

I TOTALLY agree with Andro - Its an Atilla for you!!

Lacklustre Lawyer said...

Thanks for your comments.

Android: I'm hoping I will too!

LawMinx: I did get cake; lots of it in fact! Every family member of mine wanted to stuff cake down my trap. I've had more than enough though - all that icing - I wouldn't have minded if the'd took the icing off with each mouthful, so that all that was left was sponge, stawberry and cream!!

There's still lots of cake leftover. Every time I walk past it, I stick my finger in it to grab a piece but then quickly decide against it. Consequently, my cake has a lot of conspicuous indentations in it!

Yes lots of balloons too. 21 is absolutely everywhere in my house right now.

Someone must have forgotten the Cheesy Wotsits; but, yes, little sausage rolls on cocktails sticks there were aplenty.

Anonymous said...

Lots of Rellies stuffing cake down your throat? Was this a cake fight?!?! What FUN! And lots of leftovers too!!! Are the balloons full of helium for that added mini mouse interpretation when a few too many have passed into the lacklusture circulation, I wonder?
With respect to the conspicuous indentations, I do hope that isnt a reference to American Pie!!!!!

Lacklustre Lawyer said...

Yes, yes, lots of relatives and friends were absolutely intent on ramming pieces of cake down my throat. It was all very surprising. I was trying to share and everything; but no, they wanted to make a meal of it (hehehe...). No, it wasn't American Pie style (I must watch those films again this Summer); it was more a case of lets shove cake in his face and take a picture for the scrap book while we're at it (putting cake down my throat, that is ;) ).

Re: Balloons. We still have this tank of helium in the house and lots of balloons still too. I did, in a moment of weakness (and when no one was around), inhale a substantial amount of helium in order to sound squeaky; interstingly, though, it didn't bloody work! I couldn't believe it. I ended up wrapping my mouth around the part where its released and still no luck! Don't know what's going on there. I re-checked the label on the container - it is helium!